Whether you’re looking for a new doctor, mechanic, or plumber in the Tampa Bay area, selecting the right person and/or company can make all the difference between a job done right, and a failure that costs you a lot more money in the long run. After all, in every profession, there are people who excel, and those who don’t. The trick is knowing how to tell the difference between the average, good, and superior candidates.
These principles also can be applied during your search for a CPA in Tampa. What might complicate matters, however, is the fact that you are not a CPA, so how do you know what makes one CPA great and another one mediocre? The following are a few tips to help you in choosing the right CPA for your needs:
- Ask your friends and associates who their CPA is and what they like or don’t like about the service they are receiving.
- Ask several CPAs in the Tampa, FL area for a free consultation. This will help you get a feel for whether or not you are comfortable with the CPA’s professionalism, personality, experience, attention to detail, etc.
- Ask each CPA about his or her experience in your line of work. For instance, if you are a physician, ask potential CPAs about how many other physicians they have worked with, and what financial goals have been accomplished for doctors like you.
- Think about whether or not these potential CPAs will be available when you need them. For example, will this CPA be there if you call or e-mail after hours or on the weekend – especially when you have a question about a large purchase or other important financial matter?
- Ask how the CPA receives financial records from clients. This can be important because if, for example, the CPA and his or her staff are QuickBooks accountants, and you are already a QuickBooks user, this could save your CPA time – and you money – in the long run.
You not only want a CPA in Tampa who will is committed to excellence – you also will want someone you can talk to about your most personal financial matters. If you are looking for a CPA in the Tampa, FL area, we invite you to contact us here at Reliance Consulting, LLC for a free consultation and checkup of your financial health. We look forward to meeting you and becoming your business and/or personal accountant.